Saturday, July 5, 2014

To poorly quote Meatloaf, “Three out of twelve ain’t bad…” Day 3

Fatigue is the word of the day!

Fatigue is just one symptom of PAWS, post acute withdrawal syndrome. Essentially PAWS is what happens to your brain and body after you’re through with the first 72 hours of the scary stuff.  The PAWS stage can last for months, as in three to nine. Yippee! Below are a few of the symptoms.

Attacks of anxiety
Irritability
Sudden mood swings
Fatigue
Lack of motivation
Insomnia
Inability to concentrate
Obsessive thoughts
Fluctuating energy levels
Memory loss
Difficulty in solving problems and thinking clearly
 Depression

Okey dokey, I have fatigue, irritability, and fluctuating energy levels. And, maybe a smidgen of depression. And lack of motivation although it is a Saturday, and I baked cooies yesterday.

Woke up at 9:30 which for me is huge. The last time I woke that late on a Saturday I had the swine flu. 

All day I’ve been very tired and, what is the word?  Oh yeah, bitchy.  My son loves the movies and loves Superman, and I thought I would tear my hair out if I heard one more word about Clark Kent. I love my son!

Also, more than a few thoughts about a little whiskey or the frozen margaritas at Hopdoddy’s which are the best.  Time to change the subject.


10:30 p.m.: Looks like I will be going to bed soon which is about two hours earlier than I usually do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment